Thursday, March 3, 2016

TWITR: Blog About Twitter

CUNY's Blackboard system and Twitter are very similar in various ways. They both serve as a discussion board and both foster the concept of interacting and idea sharing.  Although Blackboard is more towards the educational side people can still learn a lot from Twitter via news articles links, videos, and verified Twitter accounts. Twitter limits its users to 140 characters per tweet as appose to Blackboard where users can contribute as much as they want. During my two years at Baruch I have witnessed professors requiring students to actively participate in class discussions on both Blackboard and Twitter. Preferably, I rather interact through Blackboard when it comes to class discussions because it gives me more room to express myself. Twitter on the other hand limits the amount of space you have to express yourself but also prompts you to choose your words wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment